Fresh salad for a light lunch that can be beautifully packed in a mason jar. Add grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal on-the-go.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 3 tablespoons – honey
- 3 tablespoons – balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon – Dijon mustard
- 1 clove – garlic
- 6 tablespoons – extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – ground pepper
- 1 cup – grape tomato, halved
- 2/3 cup – cucumber, cubed
- 4 ounces – grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 cup – jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 cups – baby spinach, torn into bite sized pieces
Add all dressing ingredients into a blender and mix, or add ingredients to a bowl and use immersion blender to make dressing. Set aside. In two pint sized mason jars, build salad by adding the following into each jar in the following order: 1 ½ tablespoons honey mustard dressing, ½ cup grape tomato, 1/3 cup cucumber, 2 ounces grilled chicken, ¼ cup roasted pepper, 1 cup baby spinach. Close lid to jar and store up to 3 days. When ready to eat, unscrew lid, shake out all ingredients into a bowl and enjoy!
Note: Store extra dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to one week.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Honey Board