The people of the ‘Melissokomiki Dodecanisou’ are people with love and passion for beekeeping. They have created the Museum of Natural History of the Bee. The museum can host groups or individuals offering …
- Various exhibits concerning beekeeping since the old times (up to 200 years ago) up to our days.
- Presentation of old and modern beekeeping methods (e.g. handling beehives, a demonstration of the way honey is extracted, the production of wax, pollen, royal jelly, propolis etc.)
- Transparent beehives for observation purposes where one can safely study bees’ way of living in their own house.
- Information about bees’ lives and their products with audio- visual media ( video, projector- cinema, dvd, cd-rom etc).
- A collection of tools of the farmers and the beekeepers.
- A tour in the modern production area (with appointment only).
- Analysis of the natural characteristics of honey and the other bee products in the quality control laboratory.
- Bee garden outside.
- Big inside and outside space with refreshment area for the guests.
- Easy access ( on the Faliraki- Airport Avenue) with big parking space.
- Selling point of the bee natural products and beekeeping equipment.
Sunday: 10:00-15:00 (June-September)